Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Munificence of Joe McCann

The Vic last Sunday afternoon. Got there just as entries were closing for the 3pm £30 satellite.

Joe says “Do you want into this?” but I hear it as “Do you want anything?” so I jokingly reply "Well how about a dinner on the house". But lo, within 60 seconds he has produced a £25 voucher - I am gob smacked.

Then I get home and read this

I'm slightly shattered it wasn't specifically my own esteemed custom getting its eventual just desserts, but now I'm luxuriating in the vision of a future literally littered with these oblongs of pure delight.

Anyway, I hung around for a couple of hours, forlornly waiting for any game other than the one table of £100 PLH then on the go (Fred, DY, Michael Arnold,The Snorkeller etc marv) narrowly missing the 5pm finger food apparently.

Still, will be back later this month (probably Thursday 21st, Paper spotters/Value seekers) for the freebie and no doubt some wild £25 NL.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home