Monday, August 27, 2007

Did you mean badonkadonk?

I have been using Slotboom’s short-stack technique a lot recently in PLO.

Twice last night, on gutshot’s old skin of Scandinavian site 24h poker, I limp/re-raised a loose aggressive player on my left with KKxx, and doubled up both times. Quite satisfying to deploy this technique against those players that like to boss the table with their raises.

The fellow in question was a bit miffed, typing “nh klonkdonk” in the chat box.

I was intrigued by the epithet. It sounded like an attractive sort of insult. Sort of how a Swedish version of Stephen Fry might affectionately chastise a Swedish version of Alan Davies. Curious, I googled it.

To which, Google replied, somewhat imaginatively: “did you mean badonkadonk?”

This charming word turns out to be “a slang term for a woman’s buttocks that are voluptuously large and firm. The term is thought to derive from the imagined rhythm of a sexy gait.” (Wikipedia). It has apparently featured in rap lyrics.

Conclusion: never underestimate the educational opportunities that poker playing may present.

I resisted the impulse to type “did you mean badonkadonk?” back at my Scandinavian friend, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home